The P.O.W.E.R. Project
Applications are now open for emerging curators, programmers or other arts leaders who identify as ALAANA (African, Latino(a/x), Asian, Arab and Native American) to be in charge of programming one week of the POWER Project. Programmers will work in collaboration with the ALCN and Comfort Station to carry out a dynamic week of events that exemplify the concepts of P.O.W.E.R., and will receive a $250 stipend, and will have a $250 base programming budget provided (in addition to donations collected at events).
The deadline for Programmer applications is February 11th, please see the application and terms and conditions below. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
What is The P.O.W.E.R. Project?
Preparation, Organization, Wonderment, Empowerment, Resistance
The Comfort Station and the Art Leaders of Color Network (ALCN) join forces to present the P.O.W.E.R. Project over the course of the month of June 2018. In lieu our traditional arts programming, the Comfort Station will be transformed into an ‘empowerment hub’ with a series of lectures, discussions, happenings, self-care exercises, and much more led by artists and members from the community. The hope is that through series of engagements, people will be able to not only to lead their own actions but inspire others to take a stand against injustice and intolerance. The only way we can make it through these uncertain times is to do it together.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Programmers will receive a $250 stipend upon completion of their respective program week. Payments will be distributed in two parts: 50% up front, 50% upon completion. Programmers will also receive a $250 operating budget to cover expenses related to their programs.
POWER Project Programmer Requirements:
- Programmers are required to program at least one event per day. Events can include workshops, screenings, panels, interventions and anything else intended to engage the wider community with the POWER Project.
- Programmers are required to provide a projected budget for the $250 programming budget 6 weeks prior to the start of their week .
- Programmers are required to meet with their Comfort Station logistical representative in order to coordinate production needs and timelines.
- Programmers are required to submit marketing materials (i.e. program descriptions, facilitator bios/head shots, program schedule, etc) to the POWER Project communications director 6 weeks prior to the start date of their respective program week.
- Programmers are required to attend a Comfort Station operational training session at least 3 weeks prior to your week’s start date.
- Programmers are required to actively contribute P.O.W.E.R. Project marketing/promotional efforts (e.g. social media, etc).
- Upon completion of their respective week, Programmers are required to restore the space to the same or better organized and clean condition they found it.
POWER Project Programmer Expectations:
- Programmers are expected to efficiently/effectively communicate with POWER Project Production Team on all POWER Project matters (i.e. budget, tech, marketing, etc).
- Programmers are expected to meet and communicate directly with their fellow Programmers.
- Programmers are expected to support their fellow Programmers programs (i.e. social media, prioritizing & attending select POWER programs aside from their own).
- Programmers can expect to receive a POWER Project Marketing Toolkit from the communications director, to support their respective promotional efforts.
- Additional Information:
- Comfort Station is a non-alcoholic space due to the lease with the city, no events may have alcohol of any kind on the premises
- All Comfort Station events are free, including those within the POWER Project. However, donations may be encouraged and collected, and can go toward paying participants above the provided programming budget.
- Comfort Station has a simple PA system, a projector, and projection screen which may be used for your programming, contingent upon prior coordination with your production lead.
- Comfort Station has seating for 30, but can fit upwards of 60 people standing room, depending on the nature of the event
- Comfort Station has three 6’ tables available
BY SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE ABOVE TERMS